We are looking for a Story Producer who will manage editorial functions in the creation of content, including assisting the creative, business, and production teams in crafting story campaigns, from research through post-production, primarily in the digital media space.
As a Story Producer, you will have the following roles and responsibilities:
Story Strategy and Research
- Contribute to content strategy, thought leadership, and audience acquisition
- Conceive, generate, and propose story campaign ideas, frameworks, and formats of the highest standards, consistent with Storytelling and Business strategies
- Keep abreast of digital media and content industry standards with regards to content creation, consumption, and trends
- Lead innovative thinking in creating story products that serve NextDayBetter audience and promote NDB’s vision as the hub for migrant storytelling
- Initiate thought leadership on digital content creation and marketing with regards to migrant communities, storytelling for impact, and narratives that advocate for visibility
- Write, produce, and develop compelling content for digital and social media
- Conceptualize story project ideas with corresponding projected plans and resources
- Build narratives for video stories (scriptwriting, content writing, and identifying shot lists)
- Copywrite and copy edit headlines, story text, image captions, synopses/description, etc
- Sub-edit NextDayBetter content for publication to check for grammar, style, and spelling errors, as well as check if all information is factually correct
- Work with various creative partners and production scenarios to support and/or contribute to delivering a story campaign and preparation for production and editing
- Collaborate closely with heads of Strategy, Storytelling, and Production on storylines, production processes, and other mandates needed to build out content requirements
- Work with the Marketing head to provide and/or ensure needed content to execute an effective social media editorial calendar
- Collaborate with the Design team to align on storytelling goals and assets creation
- Facilitate story asset production where needed (editing of videos and photos)
- On-board story subjects
- Curate secondary/third-party community-generated content
- Check that all relevant copyrights and contracts have been cleared and ensure that content meets legal guidelines
- Ensure processes are in place and that the support foundation for all aspects of content are well taken care of
- Monitor production values and artistic standards and balance these aspirations with costs
- Supervise the various aspects of the production process from inception through post-production and delivery. This includes managing timelines/meeting deadlines, logistics, working closely with creatives, managing creative briefs, and communicating with the various story and creative stakeholders of a campaign.
- Manage content inventory (including tracking, archiving, archive retrieval, and archive backups)
- Track content usage and licensing, i.e. music usage tracking, third party footage and images, etc
We are looking for some who:
- has strong storytelling and narrative building skills, both visually and verbally
- has a passion for digital publishing, especially video and multimedia content
- has a strong editorial background and proven skills in writing and editing in English
- is experienced in copywriting and branded content creation
- is continuously growing their expertise in digital content creation
- has an insightful and data-driven approach to engaging digital audience
- has video production knowledge
- has project management skills
- is a strategic thinker and leader
- has ambitious product development inclinations
- is detail-oriented, while able to see the big picture
- can work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- can work with multiple teams, projects, and workflows
- is resourceful, creative, and organized
- is a proactive problem-solver
- has an unshakeable belief in the power of stories to inspire action and impact lives
Do you have this experience?
- A bachelor’s degree or entrepreneurial street cred
- 4-year experience in editorial management and content creation (experience in producing video, digital, social, and multimedia storytelling projects preferred)
- Proven history of taking initiatives and leading projects to successful completion
About the position:
Assignment: Full-time engagement
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
If our values resonate with you, email your LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put “Story Producer” in the subject, and include short answers to the following questions:
Why do you want to work at NextDayBetter?
- What is your philosophy on work?
- What, to you, makes a good story?
- How does storytelling change when platforms or mediums change?
- What is your work and collaboration style?
In addition, please provide a link to portfolio examples and submit them with your email inquiry.