This person will develop the overall layout and design for various applications and content, including custom graphics, pitch decks, social media content layout, etc. The right candidate must be invested in our mission and vision to empower diaspora and migrant communities through storytelling.
Does this sound like you?
- Visionary + left- and right-brain thinker: You deeply believe that inclusive storytelling can change the world. Through a combination of “gut-feeling,” creativity and insight-driven strategy, you are driven by the opportunity to tell stories that build empathy, and empowers diaspora communities to sit on decision making tables and take action at scale.
- Manages through relationships: You understand what it takes to get things done in a startup organization, and you are able to motivate different individuals to take action. You can effectively read people to know what is going on in the room in order to calibrate the level of interaction in a variety of scenarios. You see opportunities via relationships; you create a sense of mutual accountability, inspire action, and follow up effectively to ensure momentum.
- Entrepreneurial: You maximize the resources around you to chart a path to the goal. You are a go-getter who knows how to push hard.
- Keeps many balls in the air: You are efficient and organized. You can take in a range of events at different levels of urgency and importance, formulate responses, and keep progress going on many fronts at once.
- Visualizes the path to goal: You are extremely strategic. You understand how decisions get made, you can take in multiple inputs at the same time, and you evaluate what choices are on the table in order to take action and chart a path forward. You are a seasoned project manager.
- Problem solver: In this ego-free environment, you must be able to quickly adapt as we experiment with new products, systems, and processes for getting things done. Ultimately, we’re in search of new teammates who will push to make our team better in service of our mission.
Can you do this?
As our Senior Graphic Designer, you will need to:
- Contribute to story design by developing concepts from initial ideation to visual execution and managing design requirements
- Contribute to and evolve brand guidelines
- Be willing to work on projects with different visual styles and be able to work on tight deadlines
- Be willing and able to work on multiple projects at once
- Ensure that all parties have the necessary visual assets to execute content and campaigns simultaneously
- Ensure that all visual collaterals are in line with the company’s creative vision
- Assist with photo shoots and digital imaging
- Update the Senior Storytelling Strategist with regular project status meetings and identify action items needing attention
- Collaborate with campaign account managers, creatives, and the rest of the production team to successfully deploy our storytelling campaigns
Do you have these skills and experience?
- A bachelor’s degree or entrepreneurial street cred
- At least 4 years experience in graphic design and art direction (experience in producing video, digital, social, and multimedia storytelling projects a plus)
- Ability to creatively contribute to design thinking exercises
- Strong conceptual skills and interest in strategic decision making
- Working knowledge of typography, color, and design principles
- Proficiency and extensive experience in Adobe Photoshop and related programs
- Basic photography skills
- Good awareness of digital media and evolving online platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Dedication to graphic consistency and quality across all channel
- Incredible organization and time-management skills
- Proven history of taking an initiative
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict-resolution skills
About the position:
Part-Time Assignment: 3-Month Engagement
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
If our values resonate with you, email your LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put “Graphic Designer” in the subject, and include short answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at NextDayBetter?
- What is your philosophy on work?
- In your opinion, how does design contribute to digital storytelling?
In addition, please provide a link to portfolio examples or submit with the email inquiry.