This person will integrate design thinking, multimedia storytelling, 21st-century community organizing skills, and data driven-insights to help design and produce storytelling campaigns that move diasporas to take action and solve today’s greatest challenges.
We are looking for a practical idealist who is driven to win the global PR battle for migrant communities across the globe. We value people who are optimistic, collaborative, who take ownership, embrace ambiguity, talk less do more, can learn from failure, and have the desire to make others successful.
Here at NextDayBetter, we hire the best. Our startup culture is a unique blend of social enterprise, tech startup, and classroom. We hire people who at their core are social entrepreneurs, and we believe that every individual who joins NextDayBetter has the power to be an incredible and large-scale changemaker.
Can you do this?
NextDayBetter needs a Storytelling Producer to plan and coordinate various aspects of the production process of multiple projects: from concept development to pre-production, production, and post-production. This person will ensure that our project workflows are efficient and the right stuff is getting done by the right people. The right candidate must be invested in our mission and vision to empower diaspora and migrant communities through storytelling.
As our Storytelling Producer, you will need to:
- Contribute to story design by conducting research, supporting concept development, and determining production requirements needed to execute a story concept
- Manage multiple storytelling projects, supervising progress and ensuring completion
- Organize and source assets required for production
- Lead casting and identify untold human stories to support each storytelling campaign’s impact and business goals
- Set and implement the schedule of deadlines for projects and, as needed, assign workers to each step in the process
- Coordinate between the parties involved and effectively communicate the project needs and deliverables to everyone concerned
- Conduct regular project status meetings to share information and collaborate with the account manager, creatives, and the rest of the team
- Support onboarding and activation of community partners to support our casting efforts and storytelling campaigns
- Support product development to enhance NextDayBetter’s storytelling technologies
Does this sound like you?
- Visionary + left- and right-brain thinker: You deeply believe that inclusive storytelling can change the world. Through a combination of “gut-feeling,” creativity and insight-driven strategy, you are driven by the opportunity to tell stories that build empathy, and empowers diaspora communities to sit on decision making tables and take action at scale.
- Manages through relationships: You understand what it takes to get things done in a startup organization, and you are able to motivate different individuals to take action. You can effectively read people to know what is going on in the room in order to calibrate the level of interaction in a variety of scenarios. You see opportunities via relationships; you create a sense of mutual accountability, inspire action, and follow up effectively to ensure momentum.
- Entrepreneurial: You maximize the resources around you to chart a path to the goal. You are a go-getter who knows how to push hard.
- Keeps many balls in the air: You are efficient and organized. You can take in a range of events at different levels of urgency and importance, formulate responses, and keep progress going on many fronts at once.
- Visualizes the path to goal: You are extremely strategic. You understand how decisions get made, you can take in multiple inputs at the same time, and you evaluate what choices are on the table in order to take action and chart a path forward. You are a seasoned project manager.
- Problem solver: In this ego-free environment, you must be able to quickly adapt as we experiment with new products, systems, and processes for getting things done. Ultimately, we’re in search of new teammates who will push to make our team better in service of our mission.
Do you have this experience?
- A bachelor’s degree or entrepreneurial street cred
- 2- to 4-year experience in producing video, digital, and social storytelling projects
- Ability to creatively contribute to design thinking exercises
- Demonstrable experience (2-4 years) managing projects using a variety of different styles (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) and technology (Slack, Trello).
Understanding of, and experience executing, social media projects that adhere to platform guidelines and social/digital best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Incredible organization and time-management skills
- Proven history of taking an initiative
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict-resolution skills
About the position
- Part Time Assignment: 3-Month Engagement
- Compensation: Salary commensurate with Experience
If our values resonate with you, email your LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put “Storytelling Producer” in the subject, and include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at NextDayBetter? (2) What is your philosophy on work?
In addition, please provide a link to portfolio examples or submit with the email inquiry.